Thanks for these important points Glynn.

Michael
______________________________
Michael Barton, Professor
Professor of Anthropology
Director of Graduate Studies
School of Human Diversity & Social Change
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671

On Jul 7, 2008, at 11:15 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

Martin Landa wrote:

I have updated Makefile in lib/nviz based on lib/ogsf/Makefile, maybe
it can help, I can compile on my Linux box without problems.

Note that lib/nviz/render.c contains unconditional references to glX
functions, so it won't compile with non-X11 versions of OpenGL.

To make it work on all platforms, each section of code which uses glX
functions will need equivalent agl and wgl versions. The commment at
the top of that file indicates that it was based upon Togl, which
should have all of the relevant code.

Also, the Mac version of OpenGL needs <OpenGL/gl.h> rather than
<GL/gl.h>, e.g.:

#include <grass/config.h>

#if defined(OPENGL_X11) || defined(OPENGL_WINDOWS)
#include <GL/gl.h>
#endif
#ifdef OPENGL_AQUA
#include <OpenGL/gl.h>