On Mar 10, 2009, at 2:00 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

So, the correct TclTk is running...  though really, in the GUI it
doesn't matter, the GUI can use whichever TclTk you like.  It only
matters for NVIZ, it has a binary part that was built for the TclTk
Aqua 8.5 framework.  So this may be the wrong track.

I'm betting this is an aqua vs x11 tcltk problem. No time to go through the steps I use to compile, but I can tell you later.

Michael

Well, he did originally (offlist) try my GRASS 6.4RC3 binary + TclTk 8.5 Aqua, which is working for me. And it appears to be using 8.5 Aqua.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal? Second Pogril: I don't know. Why IS life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy