Nikos Alexandris wrote:

raster map
#% required : no
#%end

Vaclav Petras wrote:

This does not seem correct. Run
r.sun --script

Nikos Alexandris:

Hmm, ok. Still, why "cell" for Linke-T? Linke-Ts are floats.

Markus Neteler wrote:

Where do you see that "cell"?

r.sun --script
#%option
#% key: linke_value
#% type: double
#% required: no
#% multiple: no
coefficient [-]
#% answer: 3.0
#% guisection: Input
#%end

Yes, linke_value is a single value. Yet, just *above* that:

#%option
#% key: linke
#% type: string
#% required: no
#% multiple: no
#% gisprompt: old,cell,raster
#% guisection: Input
#%end

"linke" is for raster maps as input. Some are here <http://www.soda-is.com/eng/services/climat_free_eng.php#c5>: eg. <http://www.soda-is.com/doc/linke_turbidity/first_trimester.zip>. The values in this maps (and the rest of the kind) are multiplied by 20, see <http://www.soda-is.com/eng/services/linke_turbidity_maps_info.html>. Unfortunately, they aren't GeoTIFFs, I think. I am trying to find out how to get'em appropriately georeferenced.

Nikos