>>  From where are we branching new release? trunk or stable branch? There
>> was a discussion about it in past. Is there a clear opinion about that
>> now? I don't have one but I was for branching from trunk in the past.
>
> AFAIU trunk, otherwise it might mean a big effort of backporting, or ?

from trunk for sure. So let's say 2 weeks ago RC1 we create
releasebranch_7_2 from trunk. Then trunk becomes 7.3.svn.  At same
point I would suggest to freeze completely releasebranch_7_0 since we
are not planning 7.0.5. The development will continue in trunk and
backports will be done only for releasebranch_7_2. What do you think?
Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa