Hi Ken,

On 20/12/18 16:08, Ken Mankoff wrote:

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 3:43 PM Moritz Lennert <mlenn...@club.worldonline.be>
wrote:
I have large amount of vector maps (~ 400) which each has hundreds of
thousands of areas and over 150 attribute columns. I'm looking for
the most efficient way to export these to a format I can share with
non-GRASS GIS users.

Do you need to combine them? If not, my preferred solution to speed things up
is to use GNU parallel.

Parallelization is obviously part of a solution, but I would guess that one hits I/O limits at one point if you try to export too many maps in parallel to the same disk.

I realize your message was to GRASS dev and not users though, so you may be
looking for a method to speed GRASS up, not necessarily your specific workflow.

The specific question was about the use of the OGR variables for speeding up the process of writing to SQLite DBs, but parallelization is always a path to look at as well.

Moritz