On Aug 1, 2008, at 4:01 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

Adam Dershowitz wrote:

I am trying to use d.rast.edit and I can't get it to work properly.
If I open it, either from the menu, or from the command line, it seems
to open fine, but the size of my overview window is much larger then
the size of my screen, so I can't see much of the window. If I resize
the window then I don't get any scroll bars, so that doesn't help.

That's a bug in d.rast.edit. The overview window consists of three
parts: the canvas (the portion containing the map), the vertical
scrollbar and the horizontal scrollbar. The canvas is supposed to grow
or shrink along with the top-level window, leaving the scrollbars with
a fixed width (vertical) or height (horizontal). However, the weights
were set on the wrong window, so everything tries to remain a fixed
size.

I have committed a fix in the current development version, but you can
fix the problem locally by changing lines 157-158 of
grass-6.3.0/etc/d.rast.edit.tcl from:

        grid rowconfigure    . 0 -weight 1
        grid columnconfigure . 0 -weight 1
to:
        grid rowconfigure    .overview 0 -weight 1
        grid columnconfigure .overview 0 -weight 1

With that change, the scrollbars should remain visible if the overview
window is shrunk.

--
Glynn Clements <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

That did it!