Could you please let us know the platform you are running on and where your copy of GRASS came from (compiled yourself, binary from someone else)?

Michael

On Sep 29, 2008, at 2:16 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 01:15:21 +0400
From: Elvis Dowson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [GRASS-user] Problem grass-6.4.0 error setting region: child
        process exited abnormally
To: GRASS User <grass-user@lists.osgeo.org>

Hi,
         I'm getting some errors when trying to use some basic
grass-6.4.0 operations.

I click on Add a Raster Layer and select the aspect file from the
spearfish60 permanent dataset.

After that I click on Display Active Layers and I get an error message
"Error setting region: child process exited abnormally"