Hi Guys,

I've just started to use GRASS and there is one major problem, that bothers
me! When I want to start creating a vector map from a raster file with this
GRASS-version:  WinGRASS-6.4.0SVN-r37703-1, the digitizing tool within the
wxPython GUI says, that there is no vector map selected, even if I did so.

When I try to do the same within the Tcl/Tk GUI I can create vectors within
the specified vector map, but since I want to digitize a raster file,this
raster file isn't loaded as a background, even if the log window says so. I
even tried to type the command by hand,but the result was the same, no
background map!

The same goes for the RC5 of GRASS 6.4.0

My system config:

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Notebook

AMD Turion CPU (3.4 Ghz)
ATI Radeon Mobile Graphics