I have been importing multiple GPS tracks (of hiking trails) into GRASS for "averaging", then using v.out.gpsbabel to export a .gpx track for use on my GPS. I used v.drape to pull elevations from a DEM into the vector, and had hoped that using v.out.gpsbabel to export the resulting 3D vector would automatically export the elevation into the standard "ele" GPX data field. Unfortunately, the elevations all exported as 0.

Am I missing an option to have v.out.gpsbabel do this automatically? If not, this would be a nice enhancement.

Meanwhile, is there a workaround I can use to get vertex elevations in a 3D vector exported to a .gpx track?

I am running William Kyngesburye's 6.4RC5-3 on Mac OS X Leopard.

Thanks, -Dwight