Hullo Hamish,

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 15:59:40 +1100, Hamish <hamis...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Terry wrote:
>> The thing is that Grass63 doesn't see anything when I point
>> it at the old dataset directory, so none of the mapsets are
>> available.

[snip]

has it passed through a removable hard drive though? sometimes
if one of those uses FAT32 it can lowercase all the filenames,
and then the program can't find PERMANENT, WIND, PROJ_INFO files,
etc. due to case sensitivity.

I had just solved the problem and was running through some of my new found maps when your message arrived. My next task was to post a "solved" message!

I can't remember the circuitous path that this old data has travelled, but it was a lowercase issue, and now fixed. Many moons ago I think that sort of detail was almost automatically checked, but having been away for so long much has faded...but being rapidly refreshed!

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,
--
Regards,