On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Michael Barton wrote:

I didn't notice these. Thanks for pointing this out. There are some other
functions, like georeferencing that are in both places. Perhaps, to avoid
confusion, perhaps either all layer actions should be available in both
the pulldown menus and the layer manager or they should all be in just one
place.

Michael,

  FWIW, I prefer that all functions be available in both places, and we
should have the option of displaying one, the other, or both. I tend to
ignore icons since I have no problems reading and comprehending written
text. Give me the option and I remove icons and use keyboard short-cust or
text-based menus.

Rich