natsuko yoshifuji wrote:
> I have some trouble in using d.slide.show commando.
> Could anyone give me a resolution?
>
> I inputted the following commando;
> d.mon x0
> d.slide.show across=1 down=1 mapset=indochina
>
> I have some raster maps in "indochina" named 0101,0201,0301....
> The name of these raster maps was shown one after another at the bottom
> of x0 window; however, no raster map was shown.
> I also had following error message in the commando prompt.
>
> -------------------------------
> [0101]
> Sorry, <-> is not a valid flag
> Sorry, <q> is not a valid flag
> Sorry, <u> is not a valid flag
> Sorry, <e> is not a valid flag
> Sorry, <t> is not a valid flag
..
> I use grass6.2.2 working on FedoraCore5.
> I hope someone gives me an advice.

Hi,

Yes, that is a known mistake which slipped into GRASS 6.2.2, and has been fixed
for the upcoming 6.2.3 release. see-
  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_6.2_Feature_Plan#6.2.3RC1

(--quiet is only implemented in the development version of GRASS, not 6.2.x)

d.slide.show is just a text file shell script, so you can edit the file by hand
to remove the two "--quiet"s, then it works. (they are near the end of the
file)

Typing "which d.slide.show" at a terminal prompt will tell you the file you
have to edit. (probably as root)

Hamish