Here is an example message rsyslog is sending to graylog:

<182>May 14 20:02:07 host2 httpd: 123.125.71.35 - - [14/May/2014:20:02:06
+0000] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 30400 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible;
Baiduspider/2.0; +http://www.baidu.com/search/spider.html)"

does it not like the hostname not having any periods in it? the message
looks correct to me..

-James