I use the API to create streams on systems we build for development, these
reflect a lot of configuration that is valuable to save and transfer
between graylogs.

I use REST calls to create, add and 'resume' streams on newly buitl
systems. Nothing odd, they look exactly as they should.

The problem is that they do not seem to actively work unless you manually
go into the web interface and edit something, a rule for example. And then
they work.

Obviously, its hard to demonstrate, but its a bit of a blocker ...

Is there something I am missing in setting these up?

graylog 0.20.2 and 0.20.3 ...

privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email
by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Policy Expert is a trading name of QMetric Group Limited who is authorised
and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.  The registered company
address of QMetric Group Limited is: 32-38 Dukes Place, London, EC3A 7LP
and its company registration number is 07151701.