Again I apologize for my noob questions, but in a multi-node architecture,
is the graylog.conf file on the master server the config file that all the
other nodes read from?  If I make changes to that config file do I need to
run graylog-ctl reconfigure on the server node and all the other nodes for
the changes to take effect?  I was made a change to the retention_strategy
to change it to closed.  I saved the file and my changes stuck, but if i
run a reconfigure the changes are gone?  Do I have to make changes using
the graylog-ctl command?

Thanks again for the help we are trying to determine if this will be a
viable alternative for us as opposed to spending $500k on Splunk.