Hi,
'graylog-ctl reconfigure' renders a working configuration file for Graylog.
There are not all options available through graylog-ctl so you can edit the
final configuration file yourself. But then only do a 'graylog-ctl restart
graylog-server' to activate the change. For the retention_strategy edit the
server configuration on all server nodes.

On 25 March 2015 at 20:50, <tslog...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Again I apologize for my noob questions, but in a multi-node architecture,
> is the graylog.conf file on the master server the config file that all the
> other nodes read from?  If I make changes to that config file do I need to
> run graylog-ctl reconfigure on the server node and all the other nodes for
> the changes to take effect?  I was made a change to the retention_strategy
> to change it to closed.  I saved the file and my changes stuck, but if i
> run a reconfigure the changes are gone?  Do I have to make changes using
> the graylog-ctl command?
>
> Thanks again for the help we are trying to determine if this will be a
> viable alternative for us as opposed to spending $500k on Splunk.

Developer

Tel.: +49 (0)40 609 452 077
Fax.: +49 (0)40 609 452 078

TORCH GmbH - A Graylog Company
Steckelhörn 11
20457 Hamburg
Germany

https://www.graylog.com <https://www.torch.sh/>

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 125175
Geschäftsführer: Lennart Koopmann (CEO)