As far as I know the source is not mandatory. You can create a proper regex to pull in messages meeting the criteria from one of many sources. Maybe setting up extractors and then using the exists clause from a stream would give you want you want. Using an extractor you can set a specific field as "true" or whatever you want then use the stream to pull in logs having only that field set.