Exactly :)

Also keep in mind that messages can exist in multiple
streams since it’s just a form of tagging and filtering.

If you really, really need to use the approach you
outlined there a 2 options - one would be to vote for
the implementation of issues #381 and #382 another
would be to use the excellent REST API in Graylog
to manipulate the streams any way you would like.

Btw Aidan - did you ever find the ring you lost at the
Zabbix Conference a few years back?

—
HenrikJ