You can follow these instructions in order to perfom an update on the
appliance:
https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog2-images/tree/master/ova#upgrade-graylog

Hyper-V images produce some costs on our side because we dont have Windows
build servers at the moment. You can add that request to the ideas portal,
if there is a significant amount of people voting for it we can provide it
natively: https://www.graylog.org/product-ideas/

On 17 June 2015 at 15:55, David Gerdeman <dave.gerde...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been running the virtual appliance in hyper-v for a while now.  Use
> some extraction program to open the OVA file.  Take the vmdk file out and
> use virtualbox or some other application to convert it to a VHD.  You can
> either use that VHD directly with Hyper-V or you can use Hyper-V to convert
> it again to a VHDX file and use that.  Either way works great.
>
> I don't know about your other question. I would like to know how to
> upgrade the virtual appliances as well.
>

> On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 5:51:50 PM UTC-5, Gabor.Technology wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Few questions please:
>>
>> 1. With version 1.1.2 out, what is the recommended way to run Graylog in
>> production under Hyper-V? Convert Workstation image to vhdx? Chef / Puppet
>> / Ansible?
>> 2. What is the best way to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1.2 or is it just better
>> to create new VMs by using converted virtual appliances? Can data from
>> existing elastic cluster be imported?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Gabor
>>

>>  --

Developer

Tel.: +49 (0)40 609 452 077
Fax.: +49 (0)40 609 452 078

TORCH GmbH - A Graylog Company
Steckelhörn 11
20457 Hamburg
Germany

https://www.graylog.com <https://www.torch.sh/>

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 125175
Geschäftsführer: Lennart Koopmann (CEO)