Hi Gareth,

I don't have a Windows machine here to test this, but there's an article
about converting OVF/OVA images for the use with Hyper-V at Microsoft
Technet: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj158932.aspx

Additionally, this blog article seems to describe the process very
well: https://www.rootusers.com/how-to-convert-an-ova-virtual-machine-to-vhd/

Cheers,
Jochen