Dennis,

Thanks for your reply. I have bumped the timeout to 5000ms. I still think
the issue is something meta, not the performance of this regex directly,
maybe resource contention on the graylog-server node. I'll be writing a
Graylog plugin to monitor various metrics within Graylog, Elastic, and
Mongo, which will hopefully be able to extend some of the already great
metrics provided by the Graylog UI. Maybe I'll find some pressure points in
that data.

Thanks again!