Just a FYI but if you wanted to expose graylog on the "normal" ports (port
80 (http) or port 443 (https)) then it doesn't work because graylog runs as
an unprivileged user. I fake it via iptables trickery (Linux - I expect
other OSes have the same feature)

ie

*nat
-A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 9001

That would make incoming tcp/443 connections get redirected at the IP layer
to 9001 (where I have https running)

Works great :-)