Problem description

I tried setting up graylog myself. It doesn't work. I followed the
instructions on the aws installation page. Also not working. I don't know
the exact problem, because I can't find any error reports, but I believe
what is happening is that graylog is trying the use the same url to query
the api via javascript, as it uses from the server. This doesn't work,
because AWS assigns a public ip (which javascript should connect to)
separately to the private ip (accessible within the vpc). Javascript can
only access the public one, the server can only access the private one, but
graylog does not appear able to distinguish them, and it seems that it has
to be able to do both.

Steps to reproduce the problem

   1.

   Follow these instructions:
   http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.0/pages/installation/aws.html
   2.

   Visit the frontend page and try to log in. It does not work, producing
   one of the following errors, depending on which ip address (public or
   private) is set in which place:

   a. "We are experiencing problems connecting to the Graylog server"

   b. HTTP 405, POST not allowed

   c. Page freezes, eventually causing the browser to fail due to an
   infinite loop in the javascript