Ah ja ok, we shipped the SSL feature recently. So you will see it in the
next Graylog release or you test the beta version.

Cheers,
Marius

On 11 August 2016 at 17:34, Michael Anthon <michael.ant...@infoview.com.au>
wrote:

> Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that sorry !
>

>    - Graylog 2.0.3 (installed from current AWS AMI just a few days ago)
>    - nxlog-ce-2.9.1716
>

> On Friday, 12 August 2016 00:55:59 UTC+10, Michael Anthon wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>> Is there a way to use the new collector setup to use SSL?  Maybe I'm just
>> missing something but there doesn't seem to be a way to enable it.
>>
>> I have set up an input that uses SSL and configured nxlog manually to
>> send to this input successfully.  The output definition in nxlog looks like
>> this...
>>
>> <Output out_gelf_graylog2>
>>  Module om_ssl
>>  Host x.x.x.x
>>  Port        12203
>>  AllowUntrusted true
>>  OutputType  GELF_TCP
>> </Output>
>>
>> This works and I can send in log messages.
>>
>> If I try and use the same input via the collector configuration and
>> sidecar the output definition generated is still set to om_tcp instead of
>> om_ssl.  I would have thought that if the input is defined to use SSL/TLS
>> then the generated block should switch to om_ssl.
>>
>> Is this an issue with graylog2 or have I just done something wrong?
>>
>> Thanks

> msgid/graylog2/9add45c3-b0c2-438a-852c-6f428d4ccbd3%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/9add45c3-b0c2-438a-852c-6f428d4ccbd3%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Developer

Tel.: +49 (0)40 609 452 077
Fax.: +49 (0)40 609 452 078

TORCH GmbH - A Graylog Company
Poolstraße 21
20335 Hamburg
Germany

https://www.graylog.com <https://www.torch.sh/>

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 125175
Geschäftsführer: Lennart Koopmann (CEO)