Hi Michael,
this was done here:
https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog-plugin-collector/issues/13
Should be available in Graylog 2.1.0-RC1

Cheers,
Marius

On 12 August 2016 at 13:20, Michael Anthon <michael.ant...@infoview.com.au>
wrote:

> Thanks Marius,
> I've just upgraded to the latest beta and it certainly is looking a lot
> better, it also looks like it might solve another issue I was going to
> raise with the verbatim configurations since we want to do some custom
> processing on inputs to strip sensitive data before it's sent over to
> graylog.
>
> I still do however have an issue getting this to work.  The 3 field for
> the CA, certificate and key files are currently required before you can
> save the output.  I have no need of client certificates and don't have any
> since my goal is just to ensure that the data in transit is encrypted.
>
> I've tried configuring these with just a space, a dot or a double quoted
> empty string but the nxlog config always includes the values which causes
> nxlog to reject the output configuration since the files don't exist.
>
> I have tried shutting down sidecar, removing those 3 lines from the config
> and running nxlog manually and this definitely works, it connects and sends
> messages to graylog.
>
> If those 3 fields could be made optional and not add those entries to the
> generated nxlog.conf then I think this would work perfectly.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>
> On Friday, 12 August 2016 01:59:50 UTC+10, Marius Sturm wrote:
>>
>> Ah ja ok, we shipped the SSL feature recently. So you will see it in the
>> next Graylog release or you test the beta version.
>>

>> --
> msgid/graylog2/2e018723-1fbc-42f9-8f43-097b9d6acee0%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/graylog2/2e018723-1fbc-42f9-8f43-097b9d6acee0%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Developer

Tel.: +49 (0)40 609 452 077
Fax.: +49 (0)40 609 452 078

TORCH GmbH - A Graylog Company
Poolstraße 21
20335 Hamburg
Germany

https://www.graylog.com <https://www.torch.sh/>

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 125175
Geschäftsführer: Lennart Koopmann (CEO)