We have a simple json extractor -

Configuration

   - list_separator: ,
   - kv_separator: =
   - key_prefix:
   - key_separator: .
   - replace_key_whitespace:
   - key_whitespace_replacement: _

Essentially for our json formatted input syslog message, we want it to be
parsed as follows

message: {"stage":"time","pid":1671865,"user":"xxx","group":"xxxx",
stats":{"elapsed":60.00,"kernel":0.10,"user":0.20}}

stats.elapsed:
stats.kernel
stats.user

etc.

However, the webgui shows an underscore "_" instead of "." for the parsed
field names, so it appears as

stats_elapsed
stats_kernel
stats_user

Question is why is this json extractor not working as intended?

Thanks,