Hi Jochen,

Thanks for the links.  I did setup those variables, but let me explain what
I found:

When I tried to go to <myip>:9000 (as setup in the web_listen_uri) it would
not respond.
When I tried <myip:9000/api/ as mentioned on that one page you provided -
it worked and loaded the login page.
-   but this is not obvious that this is the only way in to the web
interface.
Even stranger, once I entered the /api/, further attempts after that worked
at 9000.

Does going in at /api/ change or start something?  Why can't get in first
at :9000 but after once at /api/ I can?

Thanks,
Jason

I do not have iptables, proxy, nat, firewalld or selinux in the way, fyi.