Hi Jason,

On Thursday, 19 January 2017 10:45:40 UTC+1, JayJay wrote:

> When I tried to go to <myip>:9000 (as setup in the web_listen_uri) it
> would not respond.

What does "would not respond" mean exactly? Does it time out? Does it
refuse connections? Does the web browser show errors in its Developer
console?

> When I tried <myip:9000/api/ as mentioned on that one page you provided -
> it worked and loaded the login page.

This is simply a redirect to the web interface, so it should've worked
before. Maybe Graylog had not been initialized completely when you tried
accessing the web interface the first time?

> Does going in at /api/ change or start something?

No, that doesn't change anything.

Cheers,
Jochen