Dear Damodar Prasad,

> Thirdly, before finding materials some obscure blog, first you cross check
with mainstraem media whether any things is there on it , which others have
also seen or read ( Let me add, i have no problem quoting from a blog with a
linked attached to it. I dont maintain that mainstream media are more
relaible than obscure blog) . But then stating that there is a 'disturbing
silence" is xtreme and ridiclous.

When I said the "chatterati maintains a ...." it should have been clear to
anybody that I was not referring to front page reports by this Swa. Le.
(സ്വ. ലേ) or that Pra. Le or even Pra. Ri. Where are the Udit Rajs, Kancha
Iliahs? Where is Arjun Singh? Do the political parties and leaders have any
definite stand, barring Mayawati?
 As to this group, which as far as I can see discusses caste issues at some
length, let me show you something:
http://groups.google.com/group/greenyouth/search?group=greenyouth&q=gujjar&qt_g=Search+this+group.
That was a search of this group for the word 'gujjar'. You get one hit
(somehow this thread hasn't yet made it into the search index yet), which is
on a totally different topic. Now look at this:
http://groups.google.com/group/greenyouth/search?group=greenyouth&q=anti+reservation&qt_g=Search+this+group.
That was a search on 'anti reservation'. You get 47 results, most of
them
are relevant. These are two very closely related topics. Also, the Gujjar
agitation is happening for the second time in about one year. Now, if you
want to make me believe that there is no rat smell here, I have to
disappoint you. You may have any explanation for this anomaly. But to me it
looks like a case of the 'dog that did not bark'.

> Secondly, ur main laksya, I guess is to snub people only b 'coz they had
enagaged on issuesd of concern from ones own point of perspectives

It's all right to 'engage on issues from ones own point of perspectives' as
long as it is circumscribed by the dictum that 'you are entitled to your
opinions, but not facts'. Look at how such engagements are done here: when I
mentioned relevant data (on poverty reduction) compiled by expert agencies
entrusted with the task, the advice was 'forget all that, listen to
Sainath'. When attention was drawn to the fact that the Central government
at best has sketchy ideas about who the OBCs are or what their percentage in
the population is or that reservations are sold as a panacea or used as a
mask to cover failure of governance, the response was 'bummer, you don't
know what  caste hegemony is'. Hardly meaningful, but quite imaginative!

Best regards,
Murali

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:58 PM, damodar prasad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>