Dear Ranju,
If you  suggest that the difference between pink and purple is much
about being able or not able to provide video links, I guess I agree.
When it comes to Khairlanji or Chithralekha, there hasn't  been that
absolute dearth of media attention as you think. Apparently, some
sections deliberately turned away,while others indeed came together
and fought.
But the chosen blindness of people to certain unpleasant things
happening around is not necessarily because of their being purple or
pink. It depends rather, on one's  understanding of a problem in a
different way from that of another.
For example, as you understand  the entire contradictions within
womens issues as pink vs purple, I may be having another
understanding.
 Therefore, when you say that I 'cannot understand purple because I'm
pink' and you understand both  purple and pink, I'm still having no
problem. Because, the division of pink and purple in your
understanding, is not as much important in mine; I do not mean to
suggest that this division is altogether absent in my perception.
Having struggled to stand up to the challenges of stereotyping of
persons and thinking,
I have much pleasure in refusing to buy your determinist line on pink
and purple, though I still try to understand these in my own way.
Incidentally, I am reminded of the famous answer offered by Alice
Walker while replying to an accusation by sections of Blacks and  anti-
racist Whites. There was a controversy when a well meaning White woman
challenged her novel being taught in schools one the ground of
obscenity. Alice Walker narrated a young black girl's account of how
she felt about being raped by a Black man.
She imagined the rapist as "a frog with a snake between its legs!".
The controversy arose on account of two things-
1. The narration contained obscenity
2. Portraying a A Black man raping a Black girl would only help
strengthening  existing stereotype in which black men are seen by
Whites as rapists and criminals.

Alice Walker says this, in Living by the Word:

"..The committee, composed of all colours and both(if not more)
sexes,...exonerated the book...Treating Mrs.Green and her objections
with patience,understanding,tact,and even gentleness- for which, I was
glad.
For I feel I know what Mrs.Green was objecting to...because the
language she found so offensive. They are the pages that describe
brutal sexual violence done to a nearly illiterate black woman child,
who often proceeds to write down what has happened to her in her own
language., from her point of view. She does not find rape thrilling;
she thinks the rapist looks like a frog with a snake between his
legs.. how could this not be upsetting?How could anyone want to hear
this?...I remember actually trying to censor this passage  in Celie's
voice as I wrote it.Even I found it almost impossible to let her say
what had happened to her as she perceived it, without euphemizing it a
little. And why? because once you strip away the lie that rape is
pleasant, that ra[ists have anything at all attractive about them,that
children are not permanently damaged by sexual pain,that violence done
to them is washed away by fear,silence,and time,you are left with the
positive horror of the lives of thousands of children (and who knows
how many adults)-lives are beginning to hear about....who have been
sexually abused and who have never been permitted their own language
to tell about it.
Celie's stepfather ,the rapist,warns her not to tell anybody but God
about having been raped.But celie's community had already made sure
she would not feel free even to use the words she knew.In her
backward,turn-of-the-cantury community,the words "penis"and "vagina'
did not exist...
Of course if I had written of Celie's rape from the point of view of
the rapist...very few people ..would have been offended.We have been
brainwashed to identify with the person who receives pleasure, no
matter how perverted; we are used to seeing rape from rapist's point
of view..."

This has certainly influenced my understanding of the 'purple'.

[Sorry for my long quote of Alice Walker, which just occurred to my as
so compelling, and only after I sat down to respond to your post.]

Best regards,
(Venu)