---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: brinda adige <brindaad...@gmail.com>

Here is the request & information related to the Movement Against
Trafficking.
The film is called ANAMIKA, about girls & women trafficked and forced into
sex trade and their plight in brothels. The film is for 26 minutes & is
followed by discussions on the issue and our role as individuals/insittuions
in  challenging this slavery. The discussions help in facilitating the group
to understand the various perspectives, angels related to the emotional,
social, economic,cultural, political aspects related to trafficking and the
victims and the survivors.

People are often led to believe that the subject of human trafficking &
commercial sexual exploitation is not something that ordinary people
and citizens be concerned about; that, this is not an issue that they could
do anything about; often even thinking that the government, police, NGOs are
responsible for these concerns...this is exactly what we wish to address
and assist people to recognise the urgent need for each and everyone one of
us to take a stand and do our bit in what we choose to believe in.

The discussions also highlight on our own attitudes towards this dangerous
so called 'social evil' and urge people to understand how to keep themselves
safe, while breaking the silence wrapped around this form of sexual
slavery.  These discussions would also help each of us as individuals to do
our bit in speaking about trafficking, the victims, and how our children,
youth must protect themselves and further safeguard women & children at
risk.  The aim is to be convinced that commercial sexual exploitation is
sexual slavery and violates every right of children & women.

*About the campaign*

Movement Against Trafficking-MAT is a campaign led by Prajwala of
Hyderabad.  Prajwala works against Human trafficking and has several prorgam
activities geared towards rescue, rehabilitation and reintegration of the
survivors of traffciking.

In Karnataka, ANANYA-GCI is spearheading this Campaign along with
Mitr-Sanketa & ASTRA.

   - Global Concerns India is a registered organisation and presently
   working on creating awareness on the issues of human trafficking.  Our
   Community based network collective is called ANANYA.  We work on issues
   related to human rights, with special focus on women & child rights.  We
   further work building awareness and intervention activities related to
   bringing about good accountable governance.  The MAT Campaign program works
   on challenging commercial sexual exploitation of women & children.

We believe that each one os us has a role to act in prevention of women &
children being trafficked and forced into *commercial sexual exploitation.
The need is for us of us to understand that *CSE is profiteering through
sale of human bodies for sex.  The profits are very huge sums of money.
More than this, it is the torture the victims face that is henious &
unexplainable.  No one is going to let go of such profits.  It is upto us to
take it from them.  This would be just obe of the steps towards
understanding the mamoth myth woven around trafficking to move
towards safeguarding and responding to the victims, survivors and people at
risk.

*Information*

In India, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharastra, and Tamil Nadu are
considered "high supply zones" for women in prostitution. Bijapur, Belgaum
and Kolhapur are common districts from which women migrate to the big
cities, as part of an organized trafficking network.

1. Every day, about 200 girls and women in India enter prostitution, 80% of
them against their will.

2. Bangalore is one of the five major cities in India which together account
for almost 45 percent of child prostitutes in the country.

3. It takes up to fifteen years for girls held in prostitution via
debt-bondage to purchase their freedom. Children of prostituted women are
victims of sexual abuse as well. Children are forced to perform dances and
songs for male buyers, and some are forced to sexually service the males.

4. Every child/young women must service a minimum of 10-12 clients daily to
earn about Rs.15,000/- per day.  These earnings are then distributed amongst
the pimps, brothel owners, madams, eunuchs, police and the local mafia.  No
money given to the women or children.

5. Kamatipura-red light area in Mumbai generates an income of about 63,000/-
crores annually.  Can one imagine this kind of unaccounted money & non-taxed
income?
*   Speak-up, take a stand and
challenge!                                                               **
so that our children will be protected and safe.*

* *
Brinda Adige
Bangalore, India ph.no.-9845518138