---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dr. Joseph M.J <j...@cusat.ac.in>
Date: Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM
Subject: Protest against New Uranium Mining and Nuclear Power Plants

Dear Friends,

Nuclear power, contrary to orchestrated hypes, is actually costlier than
power from conventional sources like coal, gas and hydro. And once all the
hidden costs are factored in, it would be costlier than even from renewable
sources, like wind, in particular.

http://nuclearinfo.net/Nuclearpower/WebHomeCostOfNuclearPower

More importantly, it is also intrinsically hazardous, as large amount of
radiation is routinely released at every stage of the nuclear fuel cycle. An
even more intractable problem is that of safe storage of nuclear waste and
safe disposal of outlived power plants, given the fact that the half-lives
of some of the radioactive substances involved are over even millions of
years.

So we should not give nuclear waste, radiations and cancer to our kids and
to our next generation.So kindly singn the online petition using the sight
below.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Nonukes/petition.html

with warm regards,
Dr.Joseph Makkolil
Project Scientist,IUCND,CUSAT
http://makkolil.googlepages.com
Mobile: 9496365790
E-Mail jmakko...@gmail.com

--

You cannot build anything on the foundations of caste. You cannot build up a
nation, you cannot build up a morality. Anything that you will build on the

http://venukm.blogspot.com

http://www.shelfari.com/kmvenuannur

http://kmvenuannur.livejournal.com

Dear Friends,

Nuclear power, contrary to orchestrated hypes, is actually costlier than power from conventional sources like coal, gas and hydro. And once all the hidden costs are factored in, it would be costlier than even from renewable sources, like wind, in particular.

http://nuclearinfo.net/Nuclearpower/WebHomeCostOfNuclearPower

More importantly, it is also intrinsically hazardous, as large amount of radiation is routinely released at every stage of the nuclear fuel cycle. An even more intractable problem is that of safe storage of nuclear waste and safe disposal of outlived power plants, given the fact that the half-lives of some of the radioactive substances involved are over even millions of years.

So we should not give nuclear waste to our next generation.
So may I request you to kindly singn the online petition using the sight below