---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dr.Joseph Makkolil <jmakko...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:49 PM
Subject: Protest against New Uranium Mining and Nuclear Power Plants

Dear Friends,

Nuclear power, contrary to orchestrated hypes, is actually costlier
than power from conventional sources like coal, gas and hydro. And
once all the hidden costs are factored in, it would be costlier than
even from renewable sources, like wind, in particular.

http://nuclearinfo.net/Nuclearpower/WebHomeCostOfNuclearPower

More importantly, it is also intrinsically hazardous, as large amount
of radiation is routinely released at every stage of the nuclear fuel
cycle. An even more intractable problem is that of safe storage of
nuclear waste and safe disposal of outlived power plants, given the
fact that the half-lives of some of the radioactive substances
involved are over even millions of years.

So we should not give nuclear waste to our next generation.
So may I request you to kindly singn the online petition using the sight below

http://www.petitiononline.com/Nonukes/petition.html

with warm regards,
Dr.Joseph Makkolil
Project Scientist,IUCND,CUSAT