It is true that the police registered a case and that is quite good.
Let us hope that at a later stage the offenders will not ask
for the sympathies of the politicians and a section of the civil
society
by saying like "it all happened due to their bad behaviours".
The things that had happened to Chithralekha(Kerala) have many things
in common with this incident!
I'm afraid there will surely be some concerted efforts to dilute the
case so that
the culprit might escape this gruesome "crime of consensus"!

[Please see the file which I'm going to upload: A version of the
 Wadala(Mumbai) incident that appeared in the  Hindi paper Janta Ka
Avaz, 26-06-2010].

Best,
Venu.