>>In a narrative of DALIT POLITICS,  it is by THE REST against DALITS.>>

a correction. it is not the rest against Dalits, but the caste hindu mindset
against Dalits
and it s a major correction especially if one wants to understand Dalit
politics. and Dalit politics can also take care of the REST.

it would be interesting to see how the proud marathy manoos behave in this
peculiar context where Dalit Marathi manoos has been attacked by the caste
Hindu community of men and women from bihar (if i m not mistaken). And it is
a planned attack involving all the caste hindu community members just as in
any atrocity case against Dalits..

even in the case of chundur Dalit massacre in AP, "upper" caste women raised
same allegations of eve-teasing to justify the gruesome murder of Dalits..

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM, venukm <kmvenuan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Just look at this:
> >"The family said Ms. Yadav, who led the attack, was a Shiv Sena worker, a
> claim Mr. Waghmare has denied.
>
> The victims /Marati /local/dalits/ residents  "CLAIM" that the
> attackers are from Shiv Sena.
>  Police  Officer "DENIES" and the paper "REPORTS"it as fact!
>
> >None came to the rescue of Kavita, except her neighbour Sayeeda Quazi, who
> put a dupatta around her. Sayeeda's statement has been recorded.
>
> >The entire neighbourhood, meanwhile, is tight-lipped. “Something happened,
> but I was on work,” said a resident. Some said they were away at their
> native places, or away from home.
>
> Why should we take the HINDU report as though Shiva Sena had no hand
> in this seemingly planned  incident against the background of the
> given history of pretty long resistance by the victims?
>
> >“Basically women were enraged by the rape of a girl. When they went to
> [Kavita's] house, her mother shot back, saying [it wasn't as if] it had
> happened to them. Any woman would be enraged by that, won't she?” asked a
> shopkeeper, who claimed to know nothing of the incident.
>
> This, I believe is the classic sample of double talk related with
> caste, often uttered by people with ugliest minds disposed to blaming
> of victims of caste: The shopkeeper suggests that the incident either
> did not happen at all,
>  or these people(dalits) are so much dirty and shameless, to be cool,
> not to feel bad about rape!
>

> >Kavita and her mother have been given police protection. “A police guard
> has been posted here. He checks on us at regular intervals,” her mother
> said.
>
> Who else will tell the activists/reporters from other areas who may be
> visiting the place ,
> that the culprits have no connection with any criminal gang
> masquerading as political party?
>

> On Jun 27, 3:55 pm, Sukla Sen <sukla....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The major difference with the Chitralekha case is that the victims here
> are
> > Marathi speakers (local) and the attackers Hirdu (outsiders).
> > The Hindu report looks to be decidedly better.
> >
> > Sukla
> >
> > On 27 June 2010 16:17, venukm <kmvenuan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > It is true that the police registered a case and that is quite good.
> > > Let us hope that at a later stage the offenders will not ask
> > > for the sympathies of the politicians and a section of the civil
> > > society
> > > by saying like "it all happened due to their bad behaviours".
> > > The things that had happened to Chithralekha(Kerala) have many things
> > > in common with this incident!
> > > I'm afraid there will surely be some concerted efforts to dilute the
> > > case so that
> > > the culprit might escape this gruesome "crime of consensus"!
> >
> > > [Please see the file which I'm going to upload: A version of the
> > >  Wadala(Mumbai) incident that appeared in the  Hindi paper Janta Ka

" The so called caste-hindus are bitterly opposed to the depressed class
using a public tank not because they really believe that the water will be
thereby spoiled or will evaporate but because they are afraid of losing
their superiority of caste and of equality being established between the
former and the latter. We are resorting to this satyagraha not becasue we
believe that the water of this particular tank has any exceptional
qualities, but to establish our natural rights as citizens and human
beings."

- Dr B.R. Ambedkar, Mahad Satyagraha Conference, December 25th , 1927