[Any apology from anyone for Pulwama security lapse that claimed lives of
more than forty CRPF jawans???
Just a torrent of bluffs followed?
Ref.:
I. 'Opinion: On Balakot and after, real mystery is how the Indian response
has been touted as a triumph: We desperately need details countering the
international narrative that is building steadily claiming that the Balakot
mission was a failure.' at <
https://scroll.in/article/918686/opinion-on-balakot-and-after-real-mystery-is-how-the-indian-response-has-been-touted-as-a-triumph?fbclid=IwAR0QxrawU6JG2kfhIhW25MRabQwjYtIV-BHei8MAXUbEPV2ryrV5pm-i2P8
>.
II. 'None of Pakistan's F-16 fighter jets missing after US count: Report:
"Finding by US on the ground in Pakistan "directly contradicts" India's
claim that its air force shot down an F-16 fighter jet during an dogfight,"
report said.' at <
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/us-count-of-pakistans-f-16s-fighter-jets-found-none-of-them-missing-report/articleshow/68733231.cms
>.

《The Sri Lankan government has apologised for its failure to act despite
receiving advance intelligence inputs about the possibility of terror
attacks that rocked the island nation on Easter Sunday, killing 310
people.》]

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/sri-lanka-blasts-sri-lankan-government-very-sorry-for-intel-failure-over-terror-attack-2027311?amp=1&fbclid=IwAR0onaJAycAgZjfJCZGx7CdY4rHk78j6rHy1w2yk1LQCfuDcsPtWBSBrFxA

Sri Lankan Government "Very Sorry" For Intel Failure Over Terror Attack
A series of eight coordinated blasts ripped through three churches and
three high-end hotels frequented by tourists and left 500 people injured in
the country's deadliest violence since the devastating civil war ended in
2009.

World | Press Trust of India |

Updated: April 23, 2019 15:00 IST

Sri Lankan Government 'Very Sorry' For Intel Failure Over Terror Attack
Seven suicide bombers believed to be NTJ members carried out the series of
blasts. (File)

COLOMBO: The Sri Lankan government has apologised for its failure to act
despite receiving advance intelligence inputs about the possibility of
terror attacks that rocked the island nation on Easter Sunday, killing 310
people.

A series of eight coordinated blasts ripped through three churches and
three high-end hotels frequented by tourists and left 500 people injured in
the country's deadliest violence since the devastating civil war ended in
2009.

Play Video
1m 28s
Sri Lanka govt apologizes over attack warnings

Sri Lankan officials failed to heed warnings from intelligence agencies
about the threat of an attack by a domestic radical Muslim group that
officials blame for Easter Sunday bombings.

Government spokesperson Rajitha Senaratne said that the warnings about the
blasts were received in the days before the attacks, the CNN reported.

"We saw the warnings and we saw the details given," he said.

"We are very, very sorry, as a government we have to say -- we have to
apologise to the families and the institutions about this incident," Mr
Senaratne, also the health minister, said.

All the families would be compensated and churches rebuilt, he said.

The spokesperson said that one of the warnings referred to National Tawheed
Jamath, or NTJ, a little-known local ISIS group that defaced Buddhist
statues in the past.

However, he did not believe that a local group could have acted alone.

"There must be a wider international network behind it," he said.

Seven suicide bombers believed to be NTJ members carried out the series of
blasts.

However, no group has claimed responsibility for the attacks, but police
have arrested 40 people - mostly members of the NIJ - in connection with
the blasts.

In the wake of bombings, the military has been given a wider berth to
detain and arrest suspects - powers that were used during the civil war but
withdrawn when it ended.

Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said he feared the massacre could
unleash instability and pledged to "vest all necessary powers with the
defense forces" to act against those responsible.
--
Peace Is Doable