Hello all,

I'm thinking once again about something that occupies me from time
to time, namely the best source format in which to store the gretl
manual.

At present, gretl help is available in three formats:

1) Plain text (called up by the context help buttons in gretl
    dialogs, for example).

2) PDF: the whole gretl manual is available as a PDF file.

3) Platform-specific help files.  The gretl manual is also available
    as a Windows "chm" (Compiled Html) file, and as HTML or XML for
    viewing on the gnome desktop.

I'm wondering, how many people use format 3 (Windows or gnome help)?
If the answer turns out to be, hardly any, that might make a
difference to my thinking on the best base format for the manual
(currently XML).

Thanks for any observations on this.

Allin Cottrell