Hi listers, greetings from Paris !

I am in big trouble with matrix functions under GRETL 1.7.0 under XP.

The problem is the following:

I run system estimation (SUR) on microdata (10 305 households). Then i
use the results (coefficients and fitted values) to compute elasticities
for each household.
however, gretl does not compute them.

here is some code :

matrix vecun = ones(10305,1)
matrix erlog = vecun + (coeffaids[4,1]).*(1/what[,1])
matrix ercar = vecun + (coeffaids[4,2]).*(1/what[,2])
matrix erij = erlog~ercar
matrix er=meanc(erij)
er

but gretl says :

? matrix erlog = vecun + (coeffaids[4,1]).*(1/what[,1])
Data type non conformant for the operation

normally vecun is a column vector of ones (10305,1) ; coeffaids[4,1] is
a scalar (so is promoted to matrix for this step) and 1/what[,1] is the
inverse of the fitted shares for good one, again a column vector
(10305,1). But gretl does not like it much !

This is puzzeling because, in another script, with *exactly the same
data and the same code*, the computations run ok .

Note that i checked the sizes of the other matrices :

I just redo the computation on the main script and it runs ok !

any advice ? I am a bit lost !

cheers

Franck