Dear Allin & all

Thanks for your great job in building this software. I am trying to
translate gretl into Traditional Chinese. What are the files (for
example,  gretl.mo) you needed to be attached in the gretl official
package?

I've done the translation of the menu and dialog box and tested it
both in winxp, win2000, ubuntu (7.x, 8,x). They all look fine without
any modification on the OS's font settings.

But it seems that Tradition Chinese characters in the output and
gnuplot needs specific fonts (rather than the default installed fonts)
to be shown correctly. That is, the default font in windows "Courier
New" does not work for Traditional Chinese. Users have to change the
fixed font to, e.g., MS Gothic.

Does the translation of other lanaguages encounter the similar
problems, and how does this can be solve? I mean that after
installation, do the users have to change the fixed font setting
themselve (as well as  to set the environmental variable, set LANG=tw,
in windows)  when they try to use the locale *.mo in order to show
Traditional Chinese?

Thanks

Yi-Nung Yang
Chung Yuan Christian University