On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Berend Hasselman wrote:

> On 30-04-2009, at 04:39, Allin Cottrell wrote:
> > OK, let's try one more time.  I thought we could get rid of
> > DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I guess not yet.  There's a new build:
>
> You can get rid of it. This page was helpful for me:
> www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?ApplicationLinking

Thanks.  Yes, I know that in principle we can get rid of
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, it's just a matter of getting all the details
right so that things actually work for all users without that
work-around.

The script you gave was certainly helpful, thank you.  But (just
to indicate the issues involved) it didn't cover use of
libreadline in gretlcli, or the possibility that the default
linkage of some of the libraries in question is to some
third-party location (e.g. /usr/local/lib or /sw/lib).

Before I truly and finally get rid of DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH I have to
make sure that all such possibilities are covered.

Allin Cottrell