I have been testing the improvements for model windows under changing
subsampling options. Thanks to Allins recent work, this functionality
looks very nice and works smoothly in general. I also have some
suggestions and bugs to report:

1)- In the Edit menu for the model window, it could be useful to add
an option such as "restore model sample" to quickly reverting to the
subsample used by that model.

2)- I understand disabling forecasts but don't see why gretl disables
saving the residuals, fitted values etc. from a model just because the
current subsample is different. I think it is perfectly OK to save the
residuals based on the model subsample with the outside observations
having missing values After all, this is what gretl does when the
current subsample happens to match the model subsample.

3)- A Bug: I have 2 models one is with n=100 and based on a dummy,
while the other is using a random subsample with n=200. After
estimating the second model, I return to the first one and gretl asks
me if I want to restore the sample. I say yes and now the sample size
is 60 instead of 100 (probably because gretl took the observations
only from the active random subsample of n=200 instead of the full
sample). The sample size keeps getting smaller as I open more model
windows and say yes to restoring the original sample! What is more, if
I now choose restore the full range from gretl's main window, the full
range is 60 instead of the full sample with n=400. The Set range
option also does not allow me to choose 1 to 400.

4)- The subsampling info at the bottom of the gretl main window could
use some improvements. For example, when the sub sample is based on a
dummy, instead of just saying "current sample n = 100" it would be
nice if gretl said something like: "current sample based on dummy
<varname> (n = 100)" (The same thing for other subsampling options
such as random subsamples etc.)

5)- I think the above improvement would be extremely useful for the
model output as well. For example, currently when I estimate an OLS
model based on a random subsample with n=200, the model output says:
"Model 1: OLS, using observations 1-200" which does not give any info
about the subsampling employed and giving the misleading impression
that the first 200 observations were used.

I also have some other small bugs to report:

6)- Opening a new data set, all open windows are closed except for the
gnuplot graphs.

7)- In the model specification window, when the "Set as default"
option is checked, it becomes unchecked the next time (although the
dependent variable is set correctly and as expected)

8)- My system is Turkish and when I use gretl in English, the legend
for the OLS fitted line still uses commas as the decimal seperator.

9)- Also, when using gretl in Turkish, entering formula for a new line
I need to use dot as the decimal seperator. If I use the comma sign in
the formula, gretl draws a wrong line and a differently wrong legend.
I think this issue was fixed a while ago.

These are all I can report right now. Again thanks for the great job
on this front.
Cheers
A. Talha Yalta