Dear list members,
I need to change some of the default behavior of the X-12 ARIMA method, but
could not find instructions in Gretl manual on how to do it from within
Gretl.

I have a monthly survey series (sort of diffusion index) that ranges from 0
to100 and I need to get the seasonal factors. I would think in this sort of
time
series, additive seasonal factors make more sense than multiplicative
seasonal factors. But, when running X-12 ARIMA from within Gretl I could
only get the
multiplicative seasonal adjustment.
Any idea on how should I proceed to get additive seasonal decomposition ?

Many thanks.
Paulo

--
Paulo Gustavo Grahl, CFA
pgrahl(a)gmail.com
Dear list members,
I need to change some of the default behavior of the X-12 ARIMA method, but could not find instructions in Gretl manual on how to do it from within Gretl.

I have a monthly survey series (sort of diffusion index) that ranges from 0 to100 and I need to get the seasonal factors. I would think in this sort of time
series, additive seasonal factors make more sense than multiplicative seasonal factors. But, when running X-12 ARIMA from within Gretl I could only get the
multiplicative seasonal adjustment.
Any idea on how should I proceed to get additive seasonal decomposition ?

Many thanks.
Paulo

--
Paulo Gustavo Grahl, CFA