On Fri, 28 May 2010, denis joubert wrote:

> I have problem compiling my own program under cygwin.
> Building libgretl under cygwin seems to work like a charm. But it does
> not create shared libraries (even with --enable-shared).
> i use for example the quantreg function in my software and when runs
> it crash and say :
> error message: Failed to load plugin: quantreg.so

After the build process, there should be a sub-directory called
"plugins" that contains the plugin DLLs. Is that happening OK? If
so, the problem is just that the plugins are not being found at
run time. Make sure the definition of the main gretl directory is
correct (under /Tools/Preferences/General), and that the plugins
have been installed to the right location. A script named
"wininstall.sh" is supplied in the "win32" directory.

Allin Cottrell