Of course we all know that we can use gretl for producing pretty graphs.
Then, you can save them in some format (eg pdf) and include them in your
documents: slides, article, PhD thesis, whatever. We all do that.

However, if you need to customise them, the choice of the TikZ format may
be especially convenient for LaTeX users, since a TikZ file is essentially
a (relatively little) text file in which you can insert graphical
elements, text, TeX maths and so on.

Since turning a gretl graph into a TikZ file is quite easy (thanks to
gnuplot), I wrote a little "how-to" on the gretl wiki.

http://gretlwiki.econ.univpm.it/wiki/index.php/Save_a_gretl_graph_in_TikZ_format

I hope this is useful.

   Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
   Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

   Università Politecnica delle Marche
   (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

   r.lucchetti(a)univpm.it
   http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti