El 18/11/15 a las 20:15, Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti escribió:

> Of course we all know that we can use gretl for producing pretty graphs.
> Then, you can save them in some format (eg pdf) and include them in
> your documents: slides, article, PhD thesis, whatever. We all do that.
>
> However, if you need to customise them, the choice of the TikZ format
> may be especially convenient for LaTeX users, since a TikZ file is
> essentially a (relatively little) text file in which you can insert
> graphical elements, text, TeX maths and so on.
>
> Since turning a gretl graph into a TikZ file is quite easy (thanks to
> gnuplot), I wrote a little "how-to" on the gretl wiki.
>
> http://gretlwiki.econ.univpm.it/wiki/index.php/Save_a_gretl_graph_in_TikZ_format
>

> I hope this is useful.

I looked at your examples in the wiki. The "slow easy way" works OK. But
in the "fast easy way" I only obtain the .plt file. I miss a way to run
gnuplot from inside gretl and put the .tex files in the correct place.

My script is

<hansl>
open AWM --quiet
series tbal = XTN - MTN
list X = XTN MTN tbal

plot X
     literal set terminal lua tikz createstyle
     literal set output "tradebal.tex"
     option with-boxes=tbal
     literal set key below
     options time-series with-lines
end plot
</hansl>

But this only creates a file 'gpttmp01.plt' in my working directory.  I
tried several ways of running gnuplot  to create the .tex files in the
correct place, but I had no much success. The best of them is just to
add --output=display in the last line

'end plot --output=display'

but, of course, this gives an error in the screen "El archivo de imagen
«/home/ignacio/.gretl/gretltmp.png» no contiene datos" because
gretltmp.png is not created and the .tex files are not placed  in my
workdir, but in my home directory.

--
Ignacio Díaz-Emparanza
Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística)