Don't know if this is helpful. The "export from R to gretl" command appears to be missing.

Executing

<hansl>

nulldata 100

foreign language=R
a <- 1
am <- matrix (c(a), nrow = 1,ncol = 1)
gretl.export(am)
end foreign

ac = mread("am.mat", 1)

</hansl>

gives in script output

<<

? foreign language=R
? a <- 1
? am <- matrix (c(a), nrow = 1,ncol = 1)
? gretl.export(am)
? end foreign
wrote matrix C:/Users/alpapadopoulos/AppData/Roaming/gretl/am.mat
? ac = mread("am.mat", 1)
Generated scalar ac = 1

and one can find the scalar "ac" in the "scalars" icon in "icon view".

Alecos Papadopoulos PhD
Athens University of Economics and Business
web: alecospapadopoulos.wordpress.com/
skype:alecos.papadopoulos