On Thu, 9 Jul 2020, Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti wrote:

Dear all,

a friend is having trouble with the "foreign" command under windows for running R. In attachments, a screenshot with the error he's getting. I tried to help, but due to my limited command Windows, I failed miserably.

Gretl tries to get the path to R from the Windows registry, but I think having R create create registry entries on installation is optional these days, so this might not work.

On Windows 10, I have R-3.5.1 installed, and these entries (under Tools/Preferences/General/Programs) work:

For interactive use ("to launch GNU R"):
C:\Program Files\R\R-3.5.1\bin\x64\Rgui.exe

For batch use ("R.exe"):
C:\Program Files\R\R-3.5.1\bin\x64\R.exe

Browsing to get the paths may be more reliable than typing!

Allin