On Wed, 4 Nov 2020, Petru Calenici wrote:

Good evening,

My name is Petru and I'm starting to use Gretl for the first time,
attending an introductory course to Econometrics.
I have found some problems when trying to use Gretl, version 2020d for MS
Windows (x64 bit).
When I tried the first time to download the data files used in Stock-Watson
book Introduction to Econometrics from the server, as indicated by my
lecturer (File --> Open data --> Sample file... --> Look on server), I have
run into a bug that suddenly closes Gretl when clicking install without the
possibility to save the work done till that moment.
I ran into the same problem also when trying to open any of the PDF help
files.
I have already deleted and redownloaded Gretl but the problem continues.
I will be really grateful if I can have some indications about how to solve
this problem.

This sounds very much like a bug that a user reported a couple of weeks ago that we were unable to reproduce and, consequently, to fix. Are you, by any chance, using the 32-bit windows gretl version on a 64-bit Windows system?

If so, does the problem persist if you install the 64-bit version? Thanks!

  Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti
  Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali (DiSES)

  Università Politecnica delle Marche
  (formerly known as Università di Ancona)

  r.lucche...@univpm.it
  http://www2.econ.univpm.it/servizi/hpp/lucchetti