Thank you very much for the answer. I'm using Windows 10 and I installed Gretl
using the installer .exe. I managed to download the datafiles for Stock-Watson
book directly form the Gretl page and then opened them successfully. I also
managed to do some regression exercises during the lectures. I also manage to
open datafiles that don't need to be downloaded. The only PDF help file that I
manage to open without any problem is "gretl + DB.NOMICS". When I try to open a
PDF help file offline an error message pops up: cURL error 6 (Couldn't resolve
host name). Also when offline "gretl + DB.NOMICS" is the only file that I can
successfully open. I'm not sure about any non-ASCII characters in my Windows
user name nor the language I'm running Gretl in.