On 16.04.21 07:05, Fred Engst wrote:
Dear gretl team,

The reason for my request:
For online teaching, I would like to create individualize exam datasets with
multiple modeling outputs as icons, and having individualized exam questions
stored in the notes page.
During the exam, I just send each student their individualized datasets and
questions for them to work on.
Once they receive the dataset, they just have to open the notes page and see
the exam questions stored in there.
This is a way to reduce cheating, for each person’s question and dataset are
different. I can’t help if someone else is doing the exam for them, but at
least they can’t just simply copy from each other.

I figured out how to create the random sample datasets, the multiple modeling
icons by a script.
Saving the exam questions on the notes page is a bit tedious, but doable.

I would like to do:
Save each session that I created using scrip, but I can’t.

Variations of this questions get asked every once in a while. I'm
quoting my own answer I dug up:

"Gretl's design is to either use a scripting approach, and then the
script file(s) together with the dataset (or perhaps databases, in the
gretl sense) form the storage of your work. You could zip them together
of course. The gretl session files are intended for GUI-oriented work,
which is why you cannot store script files in them.

For some scenarios I agree that this is not optimal, but that is the way
to look at it right now."

The same is true for storing the session files driven by a script, AFAIK.

It would be great also if I can save text into the notes page using a scrip.

Good point. Again, it seems to be GUI only indeed. It's a slightly
different issue though, as nicely described by your use case. Maybe you
want to turn this into a feature request on the sourceforge tracker.

cheers

sven